Pages

9.5.12

Introducing Kathy Esterhuysen



Kathy Esterhuysen is one of our biggest fans at the i heart market, 
in fact, such a big fan that she has almost got into fisticuffs defending our honour!
She has many other attributes though, she has lived in London and Thailand, been a croupier for Sun International and now works in web and graphic design. 
She has a great blog called Cherish, takes awesome photos and we have asked her do a few guest posts for us. 
If you like you can follow her on twitter



We asked her a few questions.

Tell us a bit about your blog?

My blog... is rather erratic lately. When I do blog, I try to focus on things that I'M interested in like photography, food and décor. I have a deep love of Durban and the people who live here so I try my best to post about things that are relative to the area as well.

What is your daytime job?

I'm a graphic designer. Nothing fancy as my drawing skills need a lot of work but I've been doing this for almost 7 years now so I like to think I'm pretty good at it.

What is your favorite thing about the market?

The people. I could literally park off and watch them from 9am - 2pm. Don't get me wrong, I love all the stalls and the products for sale but I mostly like to see what people are buying, who they're talking to and what they're wearing.

5 things you love to do in Durban on the weekend?

1. Hang out at the skate park (I'm not a fan of sand so it suits me perfectly and the locals are among the best people I've met in Durban).

2. Pop in to Mooki Noodle for my favourite dish, Ginger Chilli Chicken with Udon Noodles. Their Prawn special they have going on at the moment is also superb.

3. Lounge around in the Botanic Gardens. My fav spot is up top near the koi pond (not too sure if there are fish in it). It's a bit of a trek so it's nice and quiet.

4. Grab a cappuccino or two and some breakfast at The Fat Croissant on Windermere Road.

5. Window Shop. My husband tends to get a bit grumpy with me if I actually buy anything so my days are spent coveting the things I find. Two of my favs are Mooi and Gorgeous. 

Thanks Kathy! Look forward to seeing your guest blog posts. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! We love hearing from you.