Pages

26.7.12

DDD...

We would like to welcome Dave from DDD Sk8 Shades to the i heart market. 



He explained to us how he came about his product...

In June my trusted Von Zipper Fernstein (aviator style) glasses broke, I wore them everyday for the last 5 years. From cruising the seas of the Caribbean to the sweat and sawdust that comes from building skateparks. They served me well, but their time had come. 
Around this time I was also searching the net looking for ideas for things to make from used skateboards. When I saw shwoodshop.com, and their collaboration with HUF for a pair of once off skate shades, I got inspired to make my own. 



And here is how he makes them...

Although the frame is layered similarly to the Shwood frames, I cross layer the core for added strength and cut the temple arms from the nose and tail of each board I rip for making frames. This adds a unique touch to each pair of shades as the temples are available in clean and dirty cuts. The dirty cut comes from the bottom of the board, and shows all the signs of the boards previous life, clean cuts bring fresh wood to the surface.




For R999 with standard lenses with UV400, 
or an extra  R550 for polarized lenses,
they could be yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! We love hearing from you.