Pages

25.7.13

New Trader: Oak and Willow


New traders, Oak and Willow will be joining us at the next i heart market on 3rd August at Moses Mabhida. 
Oak and Willow make beautiful headboards and art pieces out of reclaimed wooden pallets with inspirational phrases and great colour scheme.

This is the story of how the business started. 
"It all started when I got married. I wanted decor and my dad said he'll make it . At the wedding, everyone loved the decor so we decided then that wooden decor could be a feasible business and that we'd start a small business producing hand-crafted wooden decor. All our wood is recycled and we love transforming "scrap wood and nails" into something pretty."
"This is just the start and we already have had numerous orders. My dad makes the wooden boards together with a local from the valley of 1000 Hills. I'd love to see it grow and have the opportunity to employ local underprivileged people and empower them when Oak and Willow grows bigger. I have a huge heart for community and empowering the hopeless through developing their gifts and talents. Through empowerment I really think we could help alleviate poverty and I'm just one in a million doing my part to serve the community and help make a difference in the lives of others particularly the underprivileged." - Janice MacMillan



Follow Oak and Willow here: 

See more about I Heart Market and our traders on Facebook and follow us on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! We love hearing from you.