Pages

1.2.13

Welcome Aboard, Mej Lues!



We are really excited to welcome Mej Lues Designer Clothing to the I heart market family. 
So excited that we asked her a few questions. 

This is what she said...

How long have you been in the industry? 

I launched my first label under my own name 'Hanrie Lues' in 2005, when I was chosen as the Free state finalist in the Vodacom DBN July for the first time. I mainly focussed on evening wear and client based garments. I launched my daywear label 'Mej. Lues' last year and debuted my first collection at SA Fashion Week in JHB.


When did your passion for fashion begin? 


My grandmother was a tailor and my mother was an artist, so I have always been surrounded by inspiring women and beautiful crafts. I started by drawing dresses for my paperdolls and then later when I got my first sewing machine, I sewed clothes for my Barbie dolls and tried to sell them to my friends!!! 


Why did you decide to join the I heart market? 


I have heard only amazing things from friends that are also involved with the market, and I have been in love with the entire concept since I visited my first I heart, 2 yrs ago when. I first moved to DBN.


Do you have any other outlets for your product? 


I am currently supplying a boutique in JHB called Egality, as well as Bianca Warren's shop in La Lucia. My evening wear is also available at Just Prom in Glenwood Village.


What is your fashion staple? 


My own personal fashion staple would have to be a flowy high-waisted skirt. In any fabric, short, mid, long length, even the very popular hi-lo hem! I feel that it is a trusted and very versatile item in my closet. From my collection I would also say that the high waisted skirt is a favourite, as well as my little summer dresses.


What can you simply not live without? 


{God}  ...... And the internet!! LOL

Who inspires you?


My gran, my mom, my aunt and my dad. I'm an only child so family has been very important for me and they have each inspired me in their own way to keep on going and NOT give up on my dreams. Style wise, I am fascinated by the different street-styles found all over the world! Personal style inspires me so much!



Be sure to swing past Hanrie's Gazebo stall at the I heart Market on the 16th February. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! We love hearing from you.